EP 19 - Adi Kaimowitz - Group CEO at Virtual Actuary - You Might as Well Start With the Client
We were very excited to be joined by Adi Kaimowitz, the Group CEO of Virtual Actuary, a firm of highly experienced actuaries ready to work alongside your existing team. Virtual Actuaries combine statistical, mathematical, and financial techniques within a business framework, utilising technology platforms and advanced analytics to deliver the most pre-emptive, precise, and practical solutions.
Some of the topics Adi and I covered:
- Being born and raised in South Africa and not seeing much more of the continent
- How he spent his 20s trying to prove himself
- Hustling has become part of his DNA
- How he built a recruiting business for actuaries
- Starting and building Virtual Actuary
- Finding out what startup incubators were all about
- Why ‘connected consortiums’ are the future of most industries (Are these DAOs?)
- How the disruption is in the business model itself
- How Virtual Actuary plugged into the global village
- The most important thing is to just “Do”
Other titles we considered for this episode:
- I Wasn’t Born With a Trust Fund
- Now I Own the Building
- If You Are Going to Give Us Money, What Would You Want Us to Do?
- Where’s Your Exponential Technology?
- It Was Always Part of the Plan
- We’re Talking about a More Immersive Experience
- You Can Be Connected from Anywhere
- Now Anybody Can Participate Digitally In Any Business
- The Mega-Gig Economy
- If You’re Not Doing, You’re Doing Too Much Thinking