EP 21 - Emine Gökce Phillips, PhD - co-Founder and CEO at CryptoIndexSeries - We Don't Need Banks
The Wolfcast quite enjoyed having Emine Gökce Phillips, Ph.D. on the show. Gökce is the CEO and co-Founder of CryptoIndexSeries, which provides data, analytics, and trading tools for the global crypto and digital asset markets.
Some of the topics Gökce covered:
- Having many places to call home
- Moving from a typical corporate job into crypto
- One of her relatives selling his apartment and investing in crypto
- The significance of PayPal facilitating payments via crypto in October 2020
- Institutional requirements to invest in crypto and building a suite of tools to enable that
- How decentralization creates accessibility
- The creation of new economic models like GameFi in the metaverse
- Institutional asset managers expect to increase crypto allocations
- Will existing payment gateways be useful or even necessary?
Some of the other titles we considered for this episode:
- When We Became Parents We Became Entrepreneurs
- Anyone Can Retrieve Data from a Crypto Exchange
- What Happened In October 2020?