Emergency Podcast - Rene Papesch - CTO at Riskwolf - Akamai's Outage and Its Technical and Financial Implications
Rene Papaesch, CTO at Riskwolf, jumped onto the pod to have a quick discussion about Akamai’s DNS outage and its technical and financial implications.
Some of the things we discussed:
- What is a Domain Name Server (DNS) and what happens when it breaks?
- What is a Content Delivery Network (CDN) and why are they significant?
- The concentration in the services that drive the internet
- What actually happened to Akamai
- How internet outages and downtimes can create reputational and financial risks
- A parametric insurance solution can mitigate some of the financial risks